Pages

Friday 6 June 2014

Shaylah - Papakura netball courts

Papakura Netball Courts

In the holidays I went to the Papakura netball courts.  They have been in Papakura for a very long time now and every time I go there I go see my Aunty at her house just down the road from the netball courts.

I love to go to my Aunties family every fortnight and I go to watch my cousin Maria play netball every Saturday. When she plays she has to do some drills some are called in and out and patten ball.

My favourite bit is watching her playing netball with her friends because she gets time away from her parents and I can learn some skills off her and show them on the court when I play. Her team is a very strong team, they learn their positions and they throw the ball accurately and fast to each other.

They also do great exercise like running around 5 courts every time they drop the ball, then they do high knees up and down the courts. Their exercising is very hard, they do lots and lots of training and the one I mostly like is open the door. It stretches your calf muscles and it helps you pivot on the courts

I like going to the courts because when I was young and before my Poppa passed away I used to go to the netball courts with him and my cousin and I would do some drills. If we weren't tired we would play a little game, then we would have something to eat and that’s why it’s my special place.



2 comments:

  1. beautifully written story Shaylah, its wonderful that you are so passionate about netball, do play netball as well like your cousin?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.